9.14.2012

Skirt How-Not-To

Maybe it's just me, but lately I've been seeing a lot of girls wearing skirts on their hips and tucking in their shirt. I'm here to let you know that you're not doing any favors for yourself. It makes your waist nonexistent and throws your proportions completely off.

How Not To:


How To:

Tank: J. Crew | Skirt: J. Crew Outlet | Sandals: Madewell (similar here) | Bracelet: Madewell

Just by bringing up your skirt a couple inches, you've given yourself a waist and way more flattering look!

Potential concerns/questions:
  • If you pull up your skirt and you think it's too short.....it probably is, so don't wear it or buy it
  • If the skirt you have, or are possibly purchasing, is too big to fit around your true waist.....you need to go down a size


Now, if you have skirts that are too short if worn at your waist or too big in the waist and don't want to give up this item, I suggest pairing it with a slightly boxy top that cuts higher in the front than in the back. You can also pair with a chunky sweater, like in previous post once it starts to get cool.




Tank: Madewell | Skirt: J. Crew Outlet | Sandals: Madewell (similar here)| Bracelet: Madewell


Hope this helps and hopefully you all agree with me!

Have an awesome weekend!

7 comments:

  1. I agree-the skirt looks better in look 2 :) Your blog is awesome-just became a member/follower of your blog. I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch. Happy Blogging!!! 



    Elle xoxo

    www.thehighfeather.com 

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the look 1 more! :)
    If you have time, I'd love to know your opinion about my fashion blog. It's all about my style and preferences! :)
    xoxo
    Luzia M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100% agree with you about the skirt on the hips!!!!!!!!
    Great blog Stacy!
    Xo
    Elena
    http://dcinstyle.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed! Thanks for sharing!

    xo, Abbey
    http://www.districtdressup.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much for your comment
    I am following you now, hope you will do the same...
    xoxo
    Ally O

    http://thegirlwithblueglasses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i prefer your first look;) im your new follower, would you like to follow me back? :)

    ReplyDelete