7.23.2012

Rings and Things

I really dislike using a jewelry box for storing all my jewelry. It literally just sits in there and I never wear it because I forget I even have jewelry to wear in the first place. Out of sight, out of mind I guess. Anyway, I've come up with some clever ways to store my jewelry that keeps it in plain sight, while making my room more decorative at the same time. Today, I'm going to show you what I did with my never ending ring collection.




First, you'll need a few things from your local craft store....

1) a thin piece of wood in the shape of an oval 2) wooden dowel small enough to fit though your rings 3) paint color of choice 4) wood glue 5) small paint brush 6) X-acto knife

  1. Cut the dowel with the X-acto knife to your desired length (don't make it too long, the last thing you want is have to go through 10 rings just to get to the one you want)
  2. Paint both pieces of wood and allow to dry
  3. Glue the dowel to the center of the oval or circle (you're going to have to hold them together until the glue dries)
  4. Stack on your rings





It's literally that simple and you can make as many as you need. If you do need more than one I suggest making them differ in height for dimension.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment